RATES OF SURVIVAL AT VARIOUS STAGES
- Stage 1 : 5 year survival of 90-100%
- Stage 2 : 5 year survival of 85-90%
- Stage 3 : 5 year survival of 72%
- Stage 4 : 5 year survival of 22%
SURGERY – THE MAINSTAY OF TREATMENT
- The early stages involve removal of the tumor with normal breast tissue called wide local excision
- In advanced stages-removal of the breast or mastectomy is done
- This may be combined with removal of the lymph nodes from the arm pit called axillary dissection
THE OTHER TREATMENTS
- Hormonal therapy
Many women are relieved or excited to be finished with breast cancer treatment. But it can also be a time of worry for women who fear their cancer could come back, or who feel lost without the same level of care from their cancer care team.
Even after you have completed breast cancer treatment, your doctors will want to watch you closely. It’s very important to go to all of your follow-up appointments. During these visits, your doctors will ask if you are having any problems and may do exams and lab tests or imaging tests to look for signs of cancer or treatment side effects.
We offer reconstruction service to patients to make them feel as normal as possible and restore their body image and confidence after mastectomy.
The breast mound can be recreated by the use of prosthesis (silicone implants) or by using the patients own body tissues called flap reconstruction.
The esthetic results are long lasting and excellent. The nipple and areola are reconstructed in a staged manner.
MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST CANCER
Our exclusive breast clinic is a one stop comprehensive centre, dedicated to looking after breast health. The team of doctors include internationally qualified breast surgeons, radiologists and radiotherapists.
We work towards saving lives by increasing awareness of breast cancer through education and providing early detection facilities.
A ONE-STOP CLINIC
- Clinical examination by a breast specialist
- Ultrasound scan
- Fine needle aspiration (FNAC)
- Core biopsy facilities
COMPREHENSIVE BREAST CARE SOLUTIONS
- Benign breast disorders
- Cancer breast
- Developmental disorders
- Aesthetic surgery
- Reconstruction after mastectomy
- It is quick, painless and does not involve any radiation.
- It rapidly distinguishes fluid filled cysts from solid lumps.
- It accurately documents the size and shape of an abnormality.
- It provides a valuable first impression as to whether solid lumps look benign, indeterminate or obviously malignant. This may influence the selection and timing of subsequent tests.
- It guides needle biopsy making this procedure quick, accurate and comfortable.
High frequency ultrasound is used for diagnosis and also used to guide interventional procedures.
Early detection of cancer makes treatment simpler and saves lives. Patients live longer and happier. 10 yr survival rates for screen detected cancer-90
Screening is the evaluation of normal women for breast cancer using mammograms. It detects stage 0 and stage 1 cancers.