DR. G. GOPALASWAMY, MS., FRCS.
A surgical Gastroenterologist and a Laparoscopic surgeon who runs an efficient gastroenterologist unit and also an Andrology service for Prashanth Fertility Research Centre. He takes care of conselling the male partner, assessing them and treating them medically and surgically if necessary. He is an expert in retrieving sperm from azoospermic men. Completed the Fellowship Examination at Royal College of Glasgow, London. Senior Under Officer in Tamilnadu and Pondicherry.
He has proved that it is possible to get even Azoospermic men father babies by specialized technique TESA – ICSI.
- Worked in King College Hospital, UK, which is world renowned for its Liver Transplant Unit.
- Worked in Royal Mardsen Hospital, UK , a Centre for Excellence for cancer related diseases
- Worked in the St. Barts Hospital, UK known for Reproductive Medicine.
- Consultant with Apollo Hospital, Greams Road, Chennai from 2000 to 2003.
- Delivered lectures in National and International Forums.
- Underwent training for “Essentials of Laparoscopic Surgery” at Cuschieri, University of Dundee.
- Worked at the Royal Survey Hospital, UK where he managed many difficult cases effectively.
- He was associated with Prof M E Bailey in teaching Advanced level laparoscopic surgery to other surgeons.
- Worked as an Asst Surgeon in T N Govt. Medical Service in the Department of Surgery and Gastroenterology.
- He was the First Indian Medical Paratrooper.
- He was awarded “BEST DOCTOR” by Dr M G R Medical University, Tamil Nadu