Geriatric Referral Centre
- 30% of our population will be over the age of 60 in 2020.
- Problems in this age group are unique.
- Commonest are diabetes, hypertension, heart problems, kidney problems, stroke, neurological problem and most important cancers and fractures.
- This unit aims at preventive health checks for all these problems, early detection and management by special geriatric care physicians and surgeons.
- Screening for cancers, diabetes, blood pressure are available
- Fracture prevention strategies are also taught
- Fractures are dealt with an emergency basis.
- Physiotherapy, rehabilitations, problem prevention strategies are highlights.
- As a large proportion of over 60 years live alone a help line to give domiciliary emergency care and transportation to the hospital are arranged.