International Patients Desk
Prashanth Fertility Research Centre –The international destination for surrogacy treatment has delivered 322 babies through surrogacy as of date. Patients come for treatment from all countries where surrogacy is recognized.
- International patient enclosure
- Multilingual guides and secretaries
- Immigration registration
- Visa extension
- Currency exchange counter
- Treatment Co-ordinators
- Leisure Tour packages
Prashanth Fertility Research Centre IVF makes it easy for couples living outside India to come for treatment. We provide an extensive range of services in a friendly and personal manner, and work in cooperation with your local doctor so that your time spent in India is kept to a minimum.
PRELIMINARY ROUTINE INVESTIGATIONS
Listed below are the investigations that need to be done within 3 months prior to commencing treatment. We can carry over all these investigations within a day (Note: For semen analysis we need three days abstinence) if you already have these reports please bring them. We don’t need to repeat it. But it is PFRC’s policy to repeat HIV, Hepatitis B and C (for both males and females) and semen analysis upon arrival. A counselling session can be done online. Your IVF Specialist may request additional tests to be completed in order to accurately determine which course of treatment is best for you.
- Hepatitis B
- Rubella (Rubella immunity is required prior to commencing treatment)
- Oestrogen, Progesterone, Prolactin, Luteinising Hormone, Follicle Stimulating Hormone.
- Ultrasound pelvis
- Anti Mullerian Hormone
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- One Semen Analysis
These tests results and all other relevant information can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org faxed or mailed to PFRC marked attention to Dr.Geetha Haripriya.
It is important that you provide your email address and contact telephone numbers so that we can communicate with you. Email communication is often the preferred method to avoid difficulties associated with time differences.
DONOR EGG PROGRAMME
Welcome to the donor egg programme, which has been functioning since 2002. The donor oocyte (egg) programme is a boon for women who are unable to produce healthy oocytes or who have chromosomal abnormalities or who had repeated IVF failures. The selection criteria for donors abide by strict guidelines laid down by Human Fertilization and Embryology act and by the guidelines laid down by American Society of Reproductive medicine and the Indian council of medical research. PFRC has a large donor bank with over 350 donors.
CONSULTATION WITH A PRASHANTH FERTILITY RESEARCH CENTRE IVF SPECIALIST
A Prashanth Fertility Research Centre IVF Specialist will review your test results and relevant medical records once received. Your IVF specialist will determine if any further investigations are required and a treatment plan tailored to your needs will be recommended.
The Overseas IVF Nurse will communicate this information to you and a phone consultation with your IVF Specialist can be arranged at this time if required.
Alternatively the Overseas IVF Nurse will organise an appointment with your specialist immediately upon your arrival.
HOW LONG WILL IT BE REQUIRED TO STAY IN INDIA?
A typical treatment cycle usually takes 6 – 7 weeks from Day 1 of your menstrual period. The use of the oral contraceptive pill allows us to predict, in most cases, when you will be required to be in Chennai. The pill, which is taken from day 3 of your period, can be commenced in your home country.
If you are able to access some of the other medication (i.e. Synarel / Lucrin) required during a treatment cycle you might also be able to commence these in your home country. Patients on the antagonist protocol spend 4 weeks in Chennai.
It is preferable that couples be in India just prior to the commencement of the daily Follicle Stimulating Hormone injections. This would require the couple to stay in India for 3 – 4 weeks. Some countries can provide the monitoring that is required in the early stages of treatment. If so, the stay may be reduced to approximately 2 – 3 weeks. Such arrangements must be made well in advance and in consultation with the Overseas IVF Nurse and Doctor. But we strongly recommend that monitoring in our hospital itself helps us a lot to adjust the drug dosage.
OBTAINING A VISA
The International Immigration service, in Prashanth Fertility Research Centre can assist this process by providing a letter to support your Visa application. Please mail your visa queries to email@example.com.
You have to provide
a) A request letter for medical visa
b) Husband and wife – Passport copies
c) Any investigation report.
MEDICAL VISA PROCESS
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR MEDICAL VISA:
In case of Surrogacy program you have to obtain Medical (Surrogacy) Visa
The following documents are required.
Surrogacy Agreement : A legal contract between the Surrogate and Intended couple This is facilitated by PFRC on confirmation of the terms and conditions
Invitation letter: A letter from PFRC about the process and the same to request the embassy to issue a Medical Visa
Letter of Enrollment of the ART Centre.
Letter of NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the respective country for the Surrogacy program.
Marriage Certificate of the Intended Couple
Medical Letter from the local doctor saying that the Intended Mother is infertile.
Once you have these documents ready approach Indian Consulate/Embassy in your respective country for the Visa. After which plan your visit.
FOREIGNERS REGISTRATION IN INDIA
All foreigners visiting India on Medical Visa ), within 14 days of arrival are required to get registered with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO) so as to ease your agreement registration process.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR TAKING EXIT PERMIT FROM FRRO (AFTER COMPLETION OF SURROGACY):
i. Original Passport & Emergency travel documents.
ii. Surrogacy agreement between the couple, surrogate mother & doctor treating the case.
iii. An undertaking from the surrogate mother that all liabilities contained in the agreement towards her, have been satisfactorily discharged by the intended couple who are foreign nationals.
iv. Letter from doctor treating the case
v. Letter from hospital where infant was born.
vi. Infant’s (Applicant) passport.
vii. Infant’s birth certificate issued by Indian authority.
ix. Parent’s passport and visa copy.
x. Copy of the travel Ticket (infant + parents).
xi. Infant’s color photo -3 (with white background).
xii. Proof of residence i.e. Hotel/Guest House Payment receipt, Leave & License agreement etc.
All surrogacy cases applying for ‘Exit permit’ would require minimum 2 working days for processing, provided all the documents are submitted.
Note: OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) /PIO (People of Indian Origin) Cardholders coming to India for surrogacy do not require a Medical Visa. However, on arrival to India, they will have to visit the FRRO for taking permission before starting Surrogacy.
Prashanth Fertility Research Centre assists with all documents and formalities required so that you have a hassle-free process. Head embassies / Consulates of most countries are located in Chennai, thus ensuring easy facilitation and completion of process in a shorter time as compared to other cities. Some embassies are in Delhi and we will help to forward the documents.
CHIECK LIST FOR MEDICAL VISA EXTENSION
- Application form
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Request letter addressed to FRRO(Only in care of Delay / Overstay)
- Original passport and copy of passport (photo page , page indicating passport validity ,visa page and indicating arrival stamp of Indian immigration)
- Address Proof –copy of valid ¬arised lease agreement or copy of recent electricity bill or telephone bill along with a letter from house owner & ID proof of the owner or letter from hostel/hotel or copy of ‘C’ form
- Medical report from recognized /specialized hospital/treatment centre specifying the period of treatment with patient details.Treating doctor’s name and signature with hospital seal and nature of illness
- Fees Payable,if any(to be submitted as DD after approval of application)
- Any other supporting document
- Police Clearance certificate
- Doctors signed copy for the date
- Hospital Letter
- On-line application form (WEBSITE-boi.gov.in)
- Request letter from both the parents
- Applicant’s photo
- Infant’s new passport or Emergency travel document issued by the concerned indian mission.
- Birth Certificate of child
- Parents Passport,visa,RC/RP& Stay Extn copies
- Copy of Form C in case of stay in Hotel /Lodge/Company Guest House/Service apt or Electricity Card/Landline Telephone Bill/Property Tax receipt of the landlord in care of staying in a house of a relative or friend along with a letter copy of the Lease and License agreement and photo-id Card of the landlord.
- surrogacy agreement between the commissioning parent,surrogate mother and doctor treating the case.
- No Objection Certicate (NOC) from surrogate mother.
- Embassy letter indicating the issuance of new passport and recognition of surrogacy in their country.
- Discharge summary from the hospital where child is born.
- Copy of no dues certificate from ART clinic after child is born.
- Undertaking from parents about full responsibility of the child in their country.
- Marriage Certificate of parents.
- police Clearance Certificate